1) You have been physically harmed, including being hit, pushed, pinched or slapped.
2) You are subjected to threats of harming you, your friends, family or guilt-induced that you may cause him/her to harm himself/herself.
3) You live in fear of his/her disapproval and the resultant consequences.
4) You are called demeaning names or criticized, teased and ridiculed in a mean spirited way (“fat”, “ugly”, “bitch”, “stupid”, etc.).
5) You are made to feel that any problems, yours or his, are all your fault.
6) You observe him/her mistreat/rage against others including family, friends, service people or pets.
7) You are forced to be isolated from your friends or family in order to maintain harmony.